Position Title: Internship Program
Period: Summer 2018
Gulf International Forum (GIF) is an independent institute based in Washington, DC that is aimed at educating the public on the Gulf region. GIF’s vision is to build a bridge between the East and West. We aspire to enhance peace, security, and stability both regionally and globally by disseminating knowledge.
Gulf International Forum is offering a summer training opportunity for distinguished students and graduates. Internship programs are designed to help interns learn about the Gulf region through research/analysis and event planning. A cover letter is required stating why you would like to intern with us and what interests you in Middle East studies, particularly the Gulf region. There is a $500 monthly stipend for the internship. Interested applicants, please send an updated resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events and Social Media Intern:
The Events and Social Media internship is designed for undergraduate students or for those with recent undergraduate degrees. Our interns have an important role in pre-event preparations and post-event documentation. Interns will help in all event-related tasks, which includes -but not limited to- printouts, venue logistics before and during the event day, taking photos and check-in participants. They will also be responsible to assist in promoting GIF’s events and activities. Interns will also help in managing GIF social media accounts according to GIF standards for social media and information dissemination.
- Undergraduate or recent graduate
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility to work extra hours to fulfill event preparation requirements
- Ability to work well in teams
- Previous experience working on small or medium scale events preferred
- Strong negotiation skills
- Diligent, dependable and hard working
Research Assistant Intern:
The Research Assistant internship is designed for graduate students or for those with recent graduate degrees. Interns will help research and publication department with research as required and on a daily basis. Our publications cover daily news updates, periodic publications and specialized materials about the Gulf region. Interns will also have role in review and editing materials and helping with content to be featured on GIF’s website. Additionally, interns will assist in keeping dynamic content related to the research and publication department up-to-date on the GIF website and will learn more about innovative analysis and open-source research on current Gulf issues. Also, candidates with design backgrounds may assist in the creation of program books and fliers for GIF events, as well as content for GIF’s website.
- Degree in liberal arts, public policy, political science, or related field.
- Interest in the Gulf and Middle East region required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to proactively multitask and prioritize.