Gulf International Forum (GIF) is an independent institute based in Washington, DC that is aimed at educating the public on the Gulf region. GIF’s vision is to build a bridge between the East and West. We aspire to enhance peace, security, and stability both regionally and globally by disseminating knowledge.
GIF’s mission revolves around enhancing understandings; engaging in free dialogue; and promoting independent thinking by building awareness and contributing to the accumulation of knowledge on the Gulf region. GIF focuses on political, economic, mass communications, social, and security issues for nine states in the region: Bahrain, Kuwait, Iran, Iraq, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen. Through various educational platforms that promote research, analysis, and dialogue, GIF aspires to encourage both objective and intellectual debates that inform audiences interested in the Gulf region.
- Serve as a hub for analysis of the Gulf region by hosting roundtables, panels and conferences; publishing reports, articles, and book reviews; and keeping our audiences up-to-date on current affairs.
- Be a platform for Gulf- and U.S.-based scholars and policymakers.
- Allow all perspectives on a given issue to have a voice to be objective.
- Collaborate and develop partnerships with sister organizations to maximize knowledge; amplify audience exposure; and promote a wide array of perspectives.
- Strive to be the primary source of credible analysis on the Gulf region.