What were once small British protectorates that, after independence remained dependent on Western support to maintain sovereignty, have now become global players in their own right. The region’s path forward is certainly fraught with challenges, both internal and external. However the future of the Gulf is certainly one that goes beyond mere “Crisis.” Can peace be reached in Yemen and can Iraq rebuild its economy and society? How might Saudi Arabia respond to Iran’s nuclear relapsing? Could China or Russia replace the USA’s position as regional kingmaker? Does Turkey have a role to play? How will all these countries adjust to the fact that the US will replace them as the principal energy exporter to the world? While many of these questions may not have satisfactory answers, Gulf International Forum’s assembled panelists and experts will certainly tackle these uncertainties, giving a possible glimpse of what lies ahead for the Gulf.
- How We Got Here and Where is the Region Going?
- The Gulf: Headed Towards a Post-Oil Era
- Trump’s America and the Region
- The Ticking Time Bomb: Youth and Gender Issues
- Free Media: Suppressed or Triumphant?
- The Region’s Future: Political Islam or Secularism?
Dr. Daniel Serwer (moderator), Secretary Abdullah Bishara, Amb. Martin Indyk, Dr. Kristian Ulrichsen, Amb. Gerald Feierstein, Tim Constantine, Amb. Anne Patterson, Dr. Abdullah Baabood, Khalil Jahshan, Dr. John Duke Anthony, Dr. Kenneth Katzman, Donna Leger, Dr. Khalid Al Jaber, Jamal Khashuggi, Dania Thafer, Professor Bessma Momani, Dr. Kirstin Diwan, Dr. Auhoud AlBulushi, Khalid Saffouri, Dr. Mohammed AlRumaihi, Dr. Andreas Krieg, Dr. Mohammed Al Khulaifi.
And More Speakers to Be Announced…
- Seating capacity is limited!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please respond with the following information: Full Name, Company/Affiliation, Title, Phone Number
- You must receive RSVP confirmation by email in order to attend
If you would like to be a sponsor at the conference and you have any questions regarding the sponsorship packages, benefits or procedures, please do not hesitate to contact Jesse Schatz at email@example.com.