Position Title: Unpaid Internship Program
Period: Spring 2019
Gulf International Forum is offering a training opportunity for distinguished students and graduates. Internship programs are designed to help interns learn about the Gulf region through research/analysis and event planning. A cover letter is required stating why you would like to intern with us and what interests you in Middle East studies, particularly the Gulf region. Interested applicants, please send an updated resume and cover letter to email@example.com .
Two Internship Programs Available:
*Please indicate which program you are applying to in your cover letter.*
(1) Events and Social Media
The internship will provide a training opportunity to advance interns skills in pre-event preparations and post-event documentation. Specific training experiences may include, but are not limited to:
- Learn how to prepare all event-related tasks, which includes -but not limited to- printouts, venue logistics before and during the event day, taking photos and check-in participants.
- Learn how to promote GIF’s events and activities.
- Assist in managing GIF social media accounts according to GIF standards for social media and information dissemination.
- Assist in editing for all events related materials.
- Undergraduate or recent graduate
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility to work extra hours to fulfill event preparation requirements
- Ability to work well in teams
- Previous experience working on small or medium scale events preferred
- Strong negotiation skills
- Diligent, dependable and hard working
- Detail Oriented
(2) Research Assistant Intern
The internship will provide a training opportunity to advance interns research skills by providing assistance and support for the organization’s research and publications initiatives. However, given this is a start-up organization, the training opportunity may vary as the organization further develops. Specific training experiences may include, but are not limited to:
- Learn how to monitor news trends on social media and promote organizations in social media.
- Home editing skills, developing, and producing print and electronic promotional/informational material for the institute, including, but not limited to the website, press releases, newsletters, reports and other publications.
- Learn how to plan and execute events.
- Learn in other areas of organization based on demand.
- Degree in liberal arts, public policy, political science, or related field.
- Interest in the Gulf and Middle East region required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to proactively multitask and prioritize.