Position Title : Internship Program
Period : Fall 2018
Gulf International Forum is offering a fall training opportunity for distinguished students and graduates. Internship programs are designed to help interns learn about the Gulf region through research/analysis and event planning. A cover letter is required stating why you would like to intern with us and what interests you in Middle East studies, particularly the Gulf region. There is a $500 monthly stipend for the internship. Interested applicants, please send an updated resume and cover letter to email@example.com .
Two Internship Programs Available:
*Please indicate which program you are applying to in your cover letter.*
(1) Events and Social Media
The internship will provide a training opportunity to advance interns skills in pre-event preparations and post-event documentation. Specific training experiences may include, but are not limited to:
- Learn how to prepare all event-related tasks, which includes -but not limited to- printouts, venue logistics before and during the event day, taking photos and check-in participants.
- Learn how to promote GIF’s events and activities.
- Assist in managing GIF social media accounts according to GIF standards for social media and information dissemination.
- Assist in editing for all events related materials.
- Undergraduate or recent graduate
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility to work extra hours to fulfill event preparation requirements
- Ability to work well in teams
- Previous experience working on small or medium scale events preferred
- Strong negotiation skills
- Diligent, dependable and hard working
- Detail Oriented
(2) Research Assistant Intern (2 positions)
The internship will provide a training opportunity to advance interns research skills by providing assistance and support for the organization’s research and publications initiatives. However, given this is a start-up organization, the training opportunity may vary as the organization further develops. Specific training experiences may include, but are not limited to:
- Learn how to monitor news trends on social media and promote organizations in social media.
- Home editing skills, developing, and producing print and electronic promotional/informational material for the institute, including, but not limited to the website, press releases, newsletters, reports and other publications.
- Learn how to plan and execute events.
- Learn in other areas of organization based on demand.
- Degree in liberal arts, public policy, political science, or related field.
- Interest in the Gulf and Middle East region required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to proactively multitask and prioritize.